32. Nicolas Barker, "The Limitations on Uber's Ability to Eliminate Market Inefficiencies"
31. Jason Dong, "Adjusting Basketball Plus-Minus by In-Game Win Probability"
30. James R. Ledoux, "Crime Generators, Deterrents, and Attractors in Micro-Places" (co-winner of the Gifuni Prize for the outstanding senior honors thesis in Economics)
29. Sarah Black, "What's the Cost of Being a Superstar?: The Pay above performance in professional baseball"
28. Lifeng Chen, "The Impact of Medicaid on Health: Evidence from the Oregon Health Insurance Experiment"
27. Eduardo J. Frances Karotsieris, "Augmenting the Relative Strength Momentum Investing Strategy: Implications for the efficient markets hypothesis"
26. Madison Meehan, "Division I Women's Soccer: Predicting NCAA tournament results"
25. Clara Dawley, "The Oregon Health Experiment: The Effects of public health insurance on mental health outcomes”
24. Sean Dvorak, “Peer Effects in the National Hockey League”
23. Lea Oriol, “The Effects of Environmental Policies and Market Deregulation on Environmental Technology Innovation” (co-winner of the Gifuni Prize for the outstanding senior honors thesis in Economics)
22. Elizabeth Evans, "Kiss and Cry: Judging bias in international figure skating"
21. Arthur C.E. Pidoriano, "Another look at the Hot Hand in Portfolio Management"
20. DJ Adams, "Fielding the Right Return: Do MLB teams properly value defensive superheroes?"
19. Alexandria Dunn, "The Presence of Developed-World Bias in Standard & Poor's Sovereign Credit Ratings"
18. John Swadba, "Understanding Financial Interconnectedness via Institutional Ownership"
17. Hanyin Cheng, "Measuring the Pseudo-Endowment Effect: An Empirical analysis of penny auctions" (co-winner of the Gifuni Prize for the outstanding senior honors thesis in Economics)
16. Margaret Connolly, "Nurse Practitioners: Limiting the tradeoff between quality and cost"
15. Benjamin Stroud, "High Frequency Trading and Intraday Volatility"
14. Ross Tremblay, "NFL Ticket Demand: The Movement of prices in the secondary market"
13. Sjur Hoftun, "Title IX and Collegiate Athletics: An Empirical analysis"
12. Sean Macdonald, "Suboptimal Strategic Decision Making: Evidence from the National Football League"
11. Frances Schwiep, "Ex-Offenders Need Not Apply: Barriers to re-entry into the labor market" (co-winner of the Gifuni Prize for the outstanding senior honors thesis in Economics)
10. Ashley Le Zhang, "Moral Hazard in Mortgage Lending: Securitization, and default and prepayment risk"
9. Jason M. Adams, "The NBA's Revenue Sharing Scorecard: Determining success for small-market franchises"
8. John Cordo, "Methods to the Madness: BCS models for the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Committee"
7. Sarah Wiewel, "Coaching compensation in Division I-FBS NCAA football: Overpaid or Underpaid?"
6. Patrick J. Dempsey, "It's in the Game: Valuing NFL draft picks using the Madden video game franchise"
5. James Primes, "Predicting College Football Games: An analysis of the BCS computer ranking system"
4. Thomas Quan, "American Tribal Religion: An analysis of tribal isolationism in the fan bases of the four major U.S. sports leagues"
3. Thomas K. Strand, "Two studies of competitive balance in Major League Baseball"
2. Robert C. Douglas III, "Show Them the Money: An option value analysis of experience, performance and compensation in the NBA Draft"
1. C. Mattison Perry, "Selection Bias in the NBA Draft" (co-winner of the Gifuni Prize for the outstanding senior honors thesis in Economics)
"The Economics of Sports Leagues: The Chicago Bulls Case," Marquette Sports Law Journal 10(1), Fall 1999, pps. 1-22, with Franklin Fisher and Evan Schouten. pdf
"The Economics of Sports Leagues and the Relocation of Teams: The Case of the St. Louis Rams," Marquette Sports Law Journal 10(2), Spring 2000, pps. 193-218, with Franklin Fisher and Evan Schouten. Republished as Case 11 in Kwoka, John E., Jr. and Lawrence J. White (Eds.), 2004, The Antitrust Revolution: Economics, Competition, and Policy, 4th ed. , New York: Oxford University Press, USA. pdf Case 11
Review of Zimbalist, Andrew, 2006, The Bottom Line: Observations and Arguments on the Sports Business, Philadelphia: Temple University Press, in The Journal of Economic Literature 46, June 2008, pps. 438-443. pdf
SF Giants - Franchise transaction: Piazza et al. v. Major League Baseball
Rangers - Franchise transaction: Frank L. Morsani & Tampa Bay Baseball Group, Inc. v. Major League Baseball, et al.
adidas/Yankees- Licensing: New York Yankees Partnership, et al. v. Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc. et al.
Bulls/WGN - Telecast rights: Chicago Professional Sports Limited Partnership & WGN Continental Broadcasting Company v. National Basketball Association
King of the Court - Labor issue: Independent Entertainment Group v. National Basketball Association
League - Licensing: NBA Properties, Inc. v. Salvino, Inc. and Salvino, Inc. v. NBA Properties, Inc. & Mattell, Inc.
Rams - Franchise relocation: St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission v. National Football League, et al.
Raiders - Franchise relocation: National Football League v. Los Angeles Raiders, and Oakland Raiders v. National Football League & The Five Smiths, Inc.
Patriots - Franchise transaction: Francis W. Murray & FWM Corporation v. National Football League, et al.
Click on the images to access the webpages.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org